CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

1st time in 19 years


Saturday Feb. 9th, 2008
My dad is 66 and hasn't skiied for 19 years. He wants to get back into it. I hear he was quite the hotdogger when he was young. He taught me to ski and as a young child I remember skiing Snowbird black diamond runs and the Tram with him. Ski technology has changed. Skis are wider and shorter. He wasn't used to this. The ski rental shop rented him too short of skiis and he said he felt like he was on skates and going to tip over. Of course my DAD never complains and I did't find out until he said he was done. Dad said his legs felt like they did when he ran his marathon.
He skied with Jeff and Parker in the morning and Me and Lauren and Olivia in the afternoon.


Olivia and Grandpa sharing a huge $5.00 rice krispy treat.

3 comments:

Kirkland's said...

That's going to be me when I start skiing again....19 years later and out of shape!!

Jay and Bec said...

Way to go BOB!! I wonder how I would do on the slopes after all these years. Not so well I'm sure!!

Jeff and Diana said...

ok i thought that picture was taken like 20 years ago because of dad's outfit! cute bobers, a little out of style. but good for him to get back on slopes!